Friday, May 9, 2008

INTERVIEW WITH PASTOR DIXIT


How long have you been at New Hope? Last weekend I celebrated my fifth year serving at New Hope. Time has gone by so quickly.

How has the church changed in that time? It has been interesting to look back and remember what the church was like just five years ago. I believe the biggest change has been the change in focus outside of the church walls. New Hope as grown from being inward focused to community driven.

What are the biggest things you are working on? I am working with leaders in Howard County on developing a strategy for New Hope to become highly involved with the communities needs. Also I hope we can continue to have more of our members becoming spiritual mentors. They would give baptismal classes to new Christians.

How has your spiritual journey changed since you have been at New Hope? People don’t usually ask about a pastor’s own spiritual life. I can say the biggest contributor to my spiritual growth has been the small group I am involved with. The bible reading, discussion, prayer and accountability has made a huge difference.

Since it is Mother’s Day weekend, can you tell us something about your mom? My mom actually attends New Hope. If it wasn’t for my praying mother, I don’t think I would be a Pastor, or a Christian today. I would every parent not to give up on the power of prayer. It (prayer and God) can bring the right people in your child’s life.

No comments: